Eligible students must be rising Kindergarten to 12th grade students who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Family household income that does not exceed 250% of the federal poverty guidelines, as established by the Federal Office of Management and Budget (click here for table of income thresholds)
- Family resides in Louisiana
- Participated in the Tuition Donation Credit scholarship program during 2022-2023 school year
– OR –
- Participated in the Louisiana Voucher Scholarship program in 2022-2023 school year
– OR –
- Attended a public school in Louisiana on October 1st and February 1st of 2022-2023 school year
Students awarded who complete the application process and are then awarded scholarships by San Damiano Scholars must then be admitted by one of our three partner schools (Redemptorist St. Gerard School, St. Francis Xavier School and Franciscan High School.
- What is the amount of the scholarship and how is it determined?
2022-2023 scholarships are $4,200 per student for K-8 students and $4,500 per student for grades 9-12. Scholarship amounts reset each year and cannot exceed the lesser or either the school’s tuition and mandatory fees or 80% of the state average per pupil funding for grades K through 8 and 90% of the state average per pupil funding for grades 9 through 12.
- Are families required to pay the difference between the scholarship amount and the school’s tuition/fees?
Yes, families are responsible for covering any tuition/fees in excess of the tuition award amount.
- If my child is awarded a scholarship, is my child’s acceptance to the school that I indicated interest in on my application guaranteed?
No. Once a scholarship is awarded, the student must then apply to a partner San Damiano Scholar school. A scholarship does not guarantee admission. Scholarships will ultimately be issued pending the verification of enrollment at a partner school.
- What if my child is awarded a scholarship, but the school isn’t the right fit and I am looking to transfer schools?
If your child is awarded a scholarship, the funds are portable and may be used at any partner school, pending acceptance to that school. San Damiano Scholars partner schools currently are Redemptorist St. Gerard School, St. Francis Xavier School and Franciscan High School.